Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blog Post #1

I picked this independent reading book because I knew that it had to do with the Holocaust and Nazi Germany. I also saw that the cover looked like a boy looking out of a very secure jail cell. I also saw that it was based on a true story of a Hitler Youth which grabbed my attention. I have always liked learning about the Holocaust and the awful things that have been done in our world and things that should never happen again. I also read the inside cover and that immediately grabbed my attention. It talked about the main character and what was going on around him at the time. I realized that this would be a good book for me because it was dealing with a topic that I have been interested in for a while. It is a book that I will actually read and like reading. It deals with a hard subject to talk about and a topic I find interesting which will keep me intrigued throughout the whole book.

No comments:

Post a Comment